$399 Kinect less Xbox One coming June 9th

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Da Ill One, May 13, 2014.

1. Da Ill One

Da Ill One Rockstar Mod

First, beginning on June 9th, in all markets where Xbox One is sold, we will offer Xbox One starting at $399*. This is a new console option that does not include Kinect. No word on how they will allow you to record game video's or watch or start broadcast's or use the highly touted Snap feature without Kinect, but I guess we will find out soon.

Major Nelson

2. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

So in order to make the console more affordable, they have to take away key features. Nice to have options, but this doesn't appear to be the smartest move to me.
  3. EnzoTen

EnzoTen Member

The system was $450 with a $60 game included and now its $400 without a game and without a Kinect.

I have think that once people find that they are missing all the features the Kinect offers they will end up buying one anyway. Forget jumping around in front of the TV- the killer feature of the Kinect is turning all your components on and off as an IR blaster, being able to do that with your voice as well as navigate everything else with your voice, and signing you in with facial recognition. I think a lot of haters dont see the non-jumping-around features of the kinect.
  4. Budule

Budule What would Kratos do?

And for people with kids (there are LOTS of them ) the "jumping around" is a blast and well worth the price imo .....also , (I need to spend A LOT more time with this I admit) Xbox fitness can be a damn hardcore workout ......plus the snap ( I guess you can do that without Kinect though) and Skype (never used it ) are also popular......ive NEVER regretted Kinect , even the first one .......
  5. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

What's your point? The fact doesn't change that in order to make it cheaper they had to cut out part of the package.

I know what it does. A lot of people know what it does. I don't think the misconception of flailing around your living room is still in existence. The problem is that, while it does provide some cool features, people don't want to pay $500 for it, and that's basically what you're paying once you have Kinect and a One. So instead of them saying, "Hey, maybe we've over priced this thing a bit" and lower the price, they just start removing hardware. It's a cheap marketing ploy.