Amazon reveals its streaming and gaming console – first pics of console and controlle

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Da Ill One, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Da Ill One

Da Ill One Rockstar Mod

The approach is to “Invent and Simplify.” One thing’s for sure – it’s a beauty. Named Amazon Fire TV, the box promises to be Amazon’s adventure into the ever-growing market of instant streaming devices. The best part – by next month, thousands of games will be available to play. Many of these games are being internally developed by Amazon, so capturing the mobile market and casual gamers seems to be a driving force behind the system.

The best part – it’s available today for just $99, and the controller is an additional $39.99.

The remote and box – as Amazon’s Peter Limp mentions – are as high as piece of popcorn and a dime, respectively.
    [​IMG]

The system, while not designed solely for gaming, is meant for consumers who “don’t have consoles.”
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

Cool enough, but I don't see this being a breakthrough device or anything. What I do like though is that Amazon didn't just jump into this market right away. It seems as though they have taken their time and maybe have made a more solid approach. I would still be more inclined to buy an Apple TV considering I already have quite the Apple network going, but this would be a good route for young people on a tight budget, like dorm rooms.