Colecovision - The Movie

Discussion in 'test' started by TAG, Dec 16, 2000.

1. TAG

TAG New Member

Just to be weird..

Colecovision - The Movie

The Hidden Artificial Intelligence in the PS2's Emotion-Engine "malfunctions" all across the Earth, and becomes evil incarnate, megalomaniacal and transports PS2 players into the Sony VG dimension where players are placed in mortal danger by mercilessly pursuing killer PS2 ninja's who are determined to get their REVENGE for all the times the players entered cheat codes to kick their Ninja butts.

As the world learns that PS2 players from around the world are "mysteriously disappearing" an Ex Sony Engineer, and once creater of the original Colecovision Donkey Kong figures out what is going on.

He had been forced to leave Sony when he warned that the PS2s emotion engine was "unstable and displaying human like intelligence"

Suspecting the PS2 Emotion Engine AI's evil motives, he tests his theory by planting himself down in front of a PS2, and playing it roughly.

Nothing happens.

Suspecting he needs a more direct route of angering the PS2 AI, he begins entering cheat codes for various games,

When he enters some Ninja cheat codes, bingo, the PS2 begins to glow and emit an energy field which surrounds him, and draws him into the PS2!

He had suspected this in advance however, so he had made some preparation, just in case.

In his pockets, he had hidden a slew of Colecovision cartridge chips!

Pursued by Killer Ninja's, he makes his way to the internal PS2 interface and plugs the Colecovision carts in.

To help save the world from the Evil PS2's AI...and free the players trapped from around the world, he enlists the help of...

Colecovision's..

The Defender - Harisson Ford in ship
    Pitfall Harry - Bruce Willis
    Jumpan Junior - Keannu Reeves
    The Cosmic Avenger - George Clooney in ship
    Frenzy - Arnold Schwarzenegger
    Spy Hunter - Pierce Brosnan in Austin Martin car
    LadyBug - Julia Roberts
    Venture's Winky - Mark Wahlberg.with crossbow
    Smurfette - Kate Winslet

Well, that's my first casting call, who would you cast?

[​IMG]

------------------
    -- TAG /The Avante Guardian / TAG@colecovision.com

Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sometimes.
  2. You're too much. PS/2 ruelz and u know it.

Try it out itll blow yer mind.

then compare it to the mickey-mouse zaxxon

Bye the way, the confession posted about me was done by an imposter.

Now someone has registered my name, so I will be popping up using any name I want, just to confuse you all.

muahahahahahahahaha.....
  3. newcoleco

newcoleco New Member

hi TAG!

I like your ColecoVision movie! [​IMG]

Imagination power!

------------------
    I hope you enjoy my games!
    Daniel Bienvenu http://www.geocities.com/newcoleco

[This message has been edited by newcoleco (edited December 17, 2000).]
  4. Aswald

Aswald New Member

Tag-

Your movie would be a sort of "Tron 2000," sequel to the 1982 hit. Given the way things have turned out, it's clear that movie was at least a decade ahead of its time...
    Heck, your movie would probably make you rich.
    Anyway, a few extra allies...

The Novaray fighter from Nova Blast- Plenty of firepower, bombs, energy absorption, and shields, it would be great air support. The pilot would be Jan-Michael Vincent.

Soldier from Frontline- Sylvester Stallone. Yo, absolutely!

Rockford from Boulder Dash- Who better to "undermine" the Ninjas? Spuds McKinzey.

Steamroller- Mr. T! Now I pity the fools!

Frantic Freddy- Able to douse Ninja fireballs.

Spyro the Dragon and Crash Bandicoot!- Unexpected allies, they're finally FED UP with Ninjas and the like stealing the spotlight and preventing "cute" games from reachieving their early `80's glory!

I'd pay my $5.50 to see it!
  5. TAG

TAG New Member

Greets C-Man (for real),

[​IMG] somehow I just -knew- you couldn't resist the opportunity to launch into one of your Playstation Rules/Colecovision sucks rants.

FYI - I happen to own a Playstation and enjoy it, and I will be picking up a Playstation II, that it when the bloody thing becomes available. Here in Canada it's already sold out with Sony reporting that it may not be able to meet X-mas demand in North America. Marketting ploy or not, the thing IS impossible to get ahold of unless you want to pay twice as much on Ebay or some such place.

I however am an <<INCLUSIVB>> Videogame'ite not an >>Exclusiv<< one, which you apparently delight in being. [​IMG]

I don't feel it's either appropriate or necessary to trash previous systems simply because we enjoy present game systems.

I play my Colecovision AND my Playstation (and my Sega Saturn, and my SNES, and my Genesis, and my NES and my Atari 2600) at different times, depends on my mood.

But I can tell you this, come Saturday Mornings, the games I most enjoy playing are my Colecovision games. They still hold up and have a quality and style that very few super-engine graphics in todays systems can match.

to put it simply: the gameplay and colorful graphics on the Colecovision
    is just downright fun and sympatico with Satyurday mornings.

I see no reason to dismiss that Coleco fun, just because I have Playstation.

<<INCLUSIVE>> not >>EXCLUSIVE<< VideoGaming, is for my pallette.

------------------

6. TAG

TAG New Member

re: I like your movie idea

Howdy NewColeco!

Thanx mate! course if we got our way on the casting (mine and Aswald's so far) it occurs to me it'd cost 200 million dollars just for the actors.

[​IMG]

------------------

7. TAG

TAG New Member

Greetings Aswald !

HAHAHA Love it [​IMG] great (And informed) suggs, you're in like flynt as a co-writer. [​IMG]

You know, all joking aside, I bet this movie would actually be wildly successful, we haven't had a video-game movie by video-game buffs in awhile, last one I remember was that NES movie with the kid from the Wonder Years.

And today, the Video-Game industry is BIGGER than hollywood in terms of fanfare and income generated, so there are a lot of videogame fans out there both young and older who would probably love to see a Video-Game movie that includes all generations of gamers.

of course we'd have to come up with an ending in which the PS2 is "redeamed" [​IMG] but that wouldn't be difficult, the premise is that the PS2's Emotion Engine AI has gone berzerk, so at the end of the film, we could tame it and I'd be willing to bet not only would all generations of video-game players go home smiling but even hardcore PS2 fans would go home thinking the PS2 was cool for containing an evil AI, and would probably look at their PS2 with a gleem of suspicion.

[​IMG]

------------------