Mario Kart 8 Gives Nintendo A Boost

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Wickett, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

Nintendo released its financial results from April to the end of June, revealing sales of 510,000 Wii U consoles, bringing the total of Wii U consoles sold since launching in November 2012 to 6.68 million. Without a doubt did the boost come from the staggering sales of their most recent hit, Mario Kart 8, which accomplished the sale of 2.82 million copies in just over a month. This means that over 2/3 of Wii U owners have a copy of the game. Total Wii U software sales now sit at 36.67 million.

[​IMG]

Despite the better numbers, Nintendo still suffered another overall loss of ¥9.47bn ($92.6m/£54.7m) despite strong sales of ¥74.6bn, slightly down on last year's ¥81.5bn. Even so, Nintendo is expecting a year-end profit of around ¥40bn, and is promising a surge in major releases in the coming months. With Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, and Super Smash Bros. coming soon.
  2. Da Ill One

Da Ill One Rockstar Mod

I'm getting a Wii U sometime later this year, when I get the extra money to pick one up. I just hope Nintendo brings Zelda u out sooner then later.
  3. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

And let's hope it's not called Zelda U.
  4. Da Ill One

Da Ill One Rockstar Mod

Yes I agree lol
  5. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

I'm still waiting for the title The Legend of Zelda: History of Hyrule. I think the idea of a classic Link vs. Ganondorf in 1080p would go down as one of the most cinematic video game moments of all time.
  6. Da Ill One

Da Ill One Rockstar Mod

Zelda in 1080p at 60 Frames per second, and being able to switch from first to third person at will in an Open world, and be violent, let Link chop someone's hand or head off... I'd sell my Xbox One and PS 4 to crowdfund it.
  7. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

No first person, unless it's of course for the bow/hookshot/etc. And no unnecessary violence. Seriously. Why? We don't need that crap on Zelda. If you wanna see gore, there are lots of other games to play. Then again, that's just me.

I also want to get back to the original story for a second, because those numbers are staggering. 1/3 of Wii U owners have that game, and that happened in just over one month's time.