Microsoft Making Gaming History ?

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by F34R, Jun 5, 2007.

1. F34R

F34R New Member

Microsoft announced that Toru Iwatani is coming back to the table to create an all new Pac-Man. Toru Iwatani is the developer of the 26yr old classic, Pac-Man.

Pac-Man Championship Edition which will feature the first new mazes for the game for 26 years.The Xbox 360 exclusive game arrives on the Xbox Live Marketplace tomorrow and features dynamical shape-shifting mazes that alter during play, new timed game modes, new soundtracks and HD graphics.The game features the following six modes:

The Championship Mode
    This is the main game mode designed by NAMCO BANDAI Games and Iwatani specifically
    for the championship round of the Xbox 360 Pac-Man World Championship. This mode – as well
    as all others within the “Pac-Man Championship Edition†– features redesigned mazes with wide
    maze walls and a widescreen configuration to better enable high-speed game play. Timed limit of five minutes.

Challenge Mode 1 (Patience and Reward Course)
    This mode is an evolution of the Championship Mode. Patience mazes strategically
    offer fewer Power Pellets and Reward mazes provide a large number of Power Pellets – providing
    unique challenges and rewards for the player. Timed limit of 10 minutes.

Challenge Mode 2 (The Darkness Course)
    In this mode, only the area directly around Pac-Man and the Ghosts is visible and the maze walls
    are completely hidden. Timed limit of 10 minutes.

Extra Mode 1 (The Freeway Course)
    An extremely high-speed mode for advanced players, this mode features warp-speed
    Pac-Man and Ghosts and plenty of tunnels. Timed limit of five minutes.

Extra Mode 2 (The Manhattan Course)
    A mode inspired by the streets of Manhattan  the home for the first-ever Xbox 360 Pac-Man
    World Championship. Timed limit of five minutes.

Extra Mode 3 (The Overall Course)
    A mix of all other modes resulting in extreme mazes for the most devout Pac-Man fans.
    Timed limit of 10 minutes.

Pac-Man Championship Edition is set for release on Wednesday June 6th for 800 Microsoft Points.

I'm not so sure this is "making gaming history". I'm sure it'll look pretty, and will be fun, but this is still another remake of an old ass game. Meh.
  2. steveie

steveie New Member

kind of hard to get excited about a pac man game nower days i must say. MS claims of gaming history are stupid. Wow a pac man expansion
  3. F34R

F34R New Member

that's exactly what i was thinking. I was hoping for something, well, groundbreaking. I guess I got all worked up and excited for nothing.
  4. steveie

steveie New Member

ive given up on waiting for good things regarding video games. GT 4 mobile anyone?
  5. -CJJB-

-CJJB- TVG's Resident Copycat

a new pac-man game?This is the BIG news we've been awaiting all day?
    wtf this better be a joke.
  6. F34R

F34R New Member

unless Microsoft has something else, this has been confirmed at a number of 360 sites as the "news that will make gaming history." Again, MEH !
  7. Suckerpunch36

Suckerpunch36 New Member

OoO possibly first person pac-man and fully customizable,lol????? pac mans a good game for old farts, it just gets boring to fast. but ill diffenetly give it a go
  8. Lethal

Lethal New Member

I have eatin over 3,000,000,000,000,000 power pellets in my lifetime. I just cant eat anymore!!!!
  9. Hockeyguy219

Hockeyguy219 Hockey Fanatic

Haha, never really been the biggest Pac Man fan, especially now a days, with such better games out.
  10. Suckerpunch36

Suckerpunch36 New Member

:eek:ccasion5: cheers to that.. HOLLY MOLLY!!!! i hope your kidding, that is more than alot