Pre-Ordered My White Playstation 4

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Wickett, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

Rode over to GameStop earlier today to pre-order my white PS4/Destiny bundle, and a white gold headset. Took me up to $580 in total. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
  2. Da Ill One

Da Ill One Rockstar Mod

Did you already have a PS 4? And do i have you on my Xbl or PSN friend list?
  3. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

Last console I bought aside from a Nintendo console was a PS2. This PS4 will be a huge change of pace. As soon as I get it in, I'll add you right away (and Bud if he has one). :)
  4. Da Ill One

Da Ill One Rockstar Mod

Sweet welcome to the Dark side my friend...
  5. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

Do you guys still have cookies or a free toaster?

I'm looking forward to enjoying what I call the Playstation U era. Between the Gamepad experience and the first party exclusives that Nintendo offers, and the exclusives and online that the PS4 has, I think it's a great generation to play games.
  6. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

White PS4/Destiny bundle is in and all set up. Was an absolute joy hooking that thing up. Also went ahead and bought Need for Speed: Rivals, which has also so far been a fun game. Starting Destiny tonight. I'll have pics up soon.
  7. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

So far I'm loving this thing. Started playing Destiny a couple days ago and have been thoroughly enjoying it. Beautiful game and very fun to play. Starting to get into the story good, which so far has been interesting as well.

But enough about the game, I want to talk about this console. Not only is it pretty, but, it's really pretty. Hands down the coolest piece of hardware Sony's ever developed if you ask me. It is a bit big, but has Sony ever made anything small? No, not really. The disc drive cracked me up a little bit the first time I used it, because quiet it is not. Stuck the disc in there and it sounded like a paper shredder. I can say, however, that it sucks them in and spits them out very quickly, which is nice to me. I hate waiting a day and half for the console to finally give up the disc. The Standby and Eject buttons aren't actually buttons, but touch activated, which I thought was neat. My two biggest gripes so far aren't anything huge, but I don't understand why they're there. 1) Where are the USB drives? There are only 2 and they're both in the front. I already need at least 3 for charging cables and my headset. None in the back to hide things away, which I don't understand at all. 2) Loading times are horrible. I could almost microwave a plate of food while waiting for this thing to load a game. Still, once it gets going, it's a great experience.
    IMG_1098.jpeg
    The Dual Shock 4 is the best controller Sony has ever designed. Much more ergonomic than previous models, and light as a feather. The spring loaded L2 and R2 buttons are a real nice treat especially for games like Destiny and Need for Speed. Battery life is decent and the charging time is quite impressive. Not much to say yet of course about any of the hardware's durability, but so far I have no complaints at all about the Dual Shock 4.
    IMG_7159.jpeg
    Also bought the White Gold headset, which really was a splurge on my part. I mean, my gawsh, $100 for a headset. The old me wouldn't have done that, but oh well, it's still sweet and I don't regret it at all. The audio and chat quality is very good, and they're super comfortable. Also decent battery and charging times.

Now, I'm gonna wrap up this post cause it's staring at me and some Fallen need to be shot.
  8. Da Ill One

Da Ill One Rockstar Mod

Damn that thing is sooooooooooooo sexy.... wish they had a trade in deal where I can trade my black one in for a white one...

I'm lowkey jealous bro
  9. Wickett

Wickett Administrator

Thanks dude! I love it. My PSN ID is Wickett42 by the way. Feel free to add me if you like, especially if you get Destiny at any point.