psp is not a computer...

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by dee1981, Aug 15, 2005.

1. dee1981

dee1981 New Member

okay, am sick and tied of people asking questions that you want to do with your psp... here is the deal, you can only do so much with the psp. the psp is not a computer, just a gaming device meant just for that, if you want to do stuff on the go, buy a laptop and you can download crap on it and ohh yea almost forgot, do not try and down load any movies on your psp from the browser, first load to your computer then us the proper software to convert it to mp4 :shock:
  2. Kyle

Kyle New Member

IMHO People can do what they want, personally the PSP has been labelled by some to be a multimedia centre, and I like that label. Just because you only want it to be a portable game player, doesn't mean other people can't have more. I think PSP-Net is cool, and I hope we get more multimedia options soon.
  3. Cell

Cell New Member

I think it should be labled as a Portable Entertainment System
  4. dee1981

dee1981 New Member

i did not mean that i hate what i can do with it, am just saying that people are asking questions you can't do with your psp, i like what am able to do but you can only do so much, know what i mean boss
  5. Kyle

Kyle New Member

Well, people are always going to ask dumb questions about the PSP, so there's nothing you can do short of going to their houses and teaching them how to use it.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Legendary Member

Finally. The force is with you. I totally agree with that and I too use my PSP for only gaming, but I'm not saying everyone else is wrong and we're right. Hell do what you want with it. It's a free country! 8)
  7. dee1981

dee1981 New Member

i know, but i can aleast vent out on here instead of getting pissed, ya know....
  8. hollaz2alex

hollaz2alex Home Town Hero

well people need to ask what a psp can and cant do, if someone asked me last week if a psp could run windows, i would have laughed in thier face. the psp hacking comunity is very strong and when i recieved my psp back in may i thought 1.5 wouldnt be cracked until next year.

the important thing is, people need to ask or they will never know. the psp is a swiss army knife, it can do basically anything computer related.
    Heck it can even be a computer if it wanted to with windows, and some decent memory.
  9. Monster

Monster New Member

The PSP is most definitely a computer.

It has a Central Processing Unit.
    It has a method of data input.
    It has a means with which to view the resulting output.
    It has a storage medium.

It is more powerful in fact than the average desktop from 10 years ago to be conservative.
  10. Hanzo

Hanzo Legendary Member

Did you write all this from your PSP? If not then I suggest you reply to this post with it and make everyone else happy. :roll:
  11. Kyle

Kyle New Member

It also had firmware, which is like a mini-BIOS.
  12. Monster

Monster New Member

One can choose to ignore the facts. This is a poor argument. :roll:
  13. Namelisswonder5

Namelisswonder5 New Member

This is dissapointing i mean seriously comon thats like saying you dont want more than originally desired. If you look at the argument deep enough its as if you would turn down something free. Half of these things people talk about in the forums are not at all far fetched and definetly psposible. And to say "just a gaming device meant just for that: your an idiot because the developers at sony never intended it to be just a gaming device, nintendo makes gaming devices. Playstion makes dohickies that do everything and if you got a machine that can do everything, why not wish for what the future shall most definetly hold??
  14. DigitalMafia

DigitalMafia New Member

I understand the posters point-hes simply tired of all the questions. But the questions about its capabilities are key to it's success-the more people that ask you stupid redundant questions about what it can do simply means more fans and....more support and then--->more things it can do.

BUT of course it is a computer-hell I saw a toaster that is a computer the other day-Will the psp run xp pro...no- but I do surf the net on mine (japan v2.0) and I actually have gotten pretty good answering forums with it). I also grab my gmail during the day with it. I show off pics of my baby girl on it as well as keep 2 movies hot on hand whenever I am bored-oh yea I play games on it too (almost forgot :) AND It is faster to power up n google something on my psp then it is on my laptop.... I tell people who ask about it that IF you love playing games and the idea of playing good games on a portable device appeals to you-this thing is amazing! Sexiest device since the IPod-BUT if you want a portable movie player-or pocket PDA-there are better choices. Course if I show them all the cool Sh*t I can do with mine..they would get one anyways.

my 2 cents....every one has 2 cents...
    dm.
  15. Kyle

Kyle New Member

:OMG: Here comes the fury of the samurai. Never call a moderator an idiot. Never call ANYONES opinion idiotic, it's an opinion not fact. You may argue it, but don't call them an idiot for it.
  16. hollaz2alex

AMEN nameliss!
    the psp keyboard is in development which adds to it's "computer-ness". the psp is unique because it CAN do all these things, if it was just for gaming, i would have bought a DS.

hey monster I plan on going to tokyo next year, around how much do you spend a day?

true, a better word would have been "ignorant".
  17. Namelisswonder5

I didnt call the mod an idiot he didnt write it although he supports it and i have no idea why. and so what if i did??????!??!??!?!??!?!??!??!?
  18. Kyle

Kyle New Member

Probably not a good idea to call a moderator an idiot. He is in, and has friends in, high places.
  19. Namelisswonder5

lmao so what? were not 10 we can handle a little namecalling.
  20. hollaz2alex

probably get banned if he wanted to, [sarcasm]but god forbid, i would just die if i did. [/sarcasm]

the mods arent super biengs scorpio, just regular people. altough being called an idiot hurts....some